View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 03:37 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I'm starting to see more Americans take interest in hockey cards and Canadian collectibles and I think the biggest reason is the strong US dollar. There were so many of them at the Expo here in Toronto (International Centre) and they were all looking for key vintage rookies. I was talking to a Canadian-dealer friend of mine at the show and I told him how I noticed a shortage of O-Pee-Chee Wayne Gretzky rookies, and his response was "the Yankees bought them all."

I personally believe that cards issued from 1951 - 1959 are the best. No other decade comes close.
Great info, Samosa. Thanks.

I missed the Expo again this fall as there always seems to be something that comes up. Hopefully in the spring it is a different story.

With regards to my recent Orr P/U above, are the TCG cards that read "Printed in Canada" actually OPC cards? I've seen the same cards but because they read "Printed in the U.S." those have been listed as Topps cards. Just making sure I have that right?

Also, I'm curious of your thoughts on the old Beehive hockey cards/photos and if you have seen any uptick in those lately?

Hopefully this thread gets some traction/interest as I'd also like to learn, read and see more great cards.

Thanks again.

Dale