View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 07:37 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I'm glad you guys like this thread. There is hardly any action over here, so I decided to spice things up a little.

Now I want to add something: when coming up with this list, I decided to focus on mainstream rookies. This means that non-rookies, food issues and other oddballs were excluded. The Quaker Oats Jacques Plante card is very popular, but it's a food issue. The 1952 Royal Desserts Gordie Howe is very nice too, but again, a food issue. And finally, Gordie does have a few mainstream issues from this decade that are popular with collectors, especially his 1954 Topps card. None of them are on the list either.
Samosa, in you first post, you stated baseball, football and hockey from the 50's are hot. Just wondering if you have seen an uptick lately with hockey cards in general or is it just in that era?

I've been dabbling here and there for the last year/couple years but lately I've become more interested in them again.

I've been trying to pick up some Orr cards here and there but I have also dabbled a bit with other older cards (mostly 60's-70's) and modern as well.

Not sure if that's because I am close to completing my low number run of 52 Topps baseball cards or if it's me just reliving my youth again?
Regardless, I am now enjoying the hockey card chase but in doing so, I have also noticed, or at least think I've noticed that hockey cards seem to be getting hot again?

Looking forward to reading and seeing your 60's era selections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 69 70 OPC Bobby Orr.jpg (75.2 KB, 346 views)
File Type: jpg 69 70 OPC Bobby Orr1.jpg (71.6 KB, 347 views)