View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Default How on earth do I figure out how much these old cards are worth, anyway???

Posted By: Erick Lewin

Hello Margaret.

I have a large collection of these and have some knowledge about them. I've done quite a bit of research on them. I acquired a big bunch of them from my great grandfather a few years ago. I've been trying very hard to locate a few cards that a need. I'm 7 cards away from a basic set without variations. There are 103 different players in the set. Sadly, you don't have anyone who I don't have already. I think your Landerus is a different spelling variation than mine (Luderus), so I would have some interest in that. All mine are without tabs also. Don't cut them off!

the previous poster is about right with the pricing I'd say. It's hard to get an accurate pricing because the cards are so rare and rarely change hands. fair/good-vg commons with the coupons like yours I would say range between 200-400 dollars a piece, depending on exact condition, player, etc... Without the tabs, he said 65-75 in that condition which may be right, maybe a bit higher?. However, for whatever reason, I hardly ever see any for sale publicly without the tabs, even though there are more without tabs out there.

If you wanted to sell, ebay might not be bad. You could also send them to SGC (card graders) and have them graded first. You might fetch a little more money that way. Also, the Buy/Sell/Trade forum on here is good for selling vintage cards. I'm sure there are a few guys here who would like one and pay a fair market price. Or you could consign them to an Auction House, but then they will take a commision.

You have a few options. If you have any other questions about the set, feel free to email me. (yanksrnice09@yahoo.com)