View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 03:55 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
There is a difference, at least where I live, in police investigating something or taking a report of it. A report doesn't mean they are doing anything but taking a report to get it on record. They don't have to investigate a report if you tell them you don't need that. Yesterday, I had a Collin County Deputy come to my house to fill out an internet fraud, police report/incident report. They aren't going to investigate it and it's ok. Bank of America (my bank) told me I need to report it for the record. So I did. I spoke a good bit with the deputy about it. He was very accommodating. We love our local law enforcement. I just need a report filed, I told him. He said no problem. I can't imagine the local authorities telling the op he can't even file a report? It is good to file a report regardless. Haven't you ever watched Judge Judy? She is my hero and my write in vote for next president (not getting political, it's a joke).
I will try to go to a different police station where i live and see if I can at least as you said get a report for the record.