View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 05:55 AM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm1977 View Post
I agree 100%.

On a side note, I still don't understand why there are 40+bids on an auction that is 10 days long with 9 days left. To me, this makes no logical sense. Meaning, why are bidding wars occurring with 9 days left on a 10 day auction? This alone is a huge red flag. What is stopping a cosigner to have 10 of his buddies drive the price up on day 1 of a 10 day auction? Which IMO is happening a decent amount in PWCC auctions.

Maybe I'm just not following why someone would even bid on a 10 day auction on day number 1? If I'm interested in a said auction, it first goes in my watch-list, I then look for other similar examples of the card on ebay, I come up with a price I'm willing to pay and place my bid with 10 seconds left. I can understand a bunch of bids coming in on the last day of the auction but, not on day 1 of a 10 day auction. It's very suspect to me.
I think someone mentioned before they like to bid this way (early and often), to scare other bidders away. I wouldn't do it, but I guess it makes a little bit of sense. But, yeah...it happens quite a bit with this seller...