View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 02:54 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
JC I don't get your point. Are we supposed to be so grateful to PWCC for running auctions as opposed to BINs that we should overlook their flaws when people point them out, like selling a cleaned 4 as a 7 with no disclosure, or announcing a crackdown on retracting bidders which as Eddie figured out in a few minutes isn't really taking place as advertised, and so on?
Peter, I'm looking at their business model as a whole. I love the true auction where everything starts out at 99 cents. There have been tremendous realized prices both low and high. I like that they allow Paypal payments and they ship very quickly. Plus I like they have fresh new material auctioning off every month without reserves (Yes, you can make the argument that a few lots have hidden reserves done by the consignor or by their friends).

I'm not dismissing one bit it was wrong what happened on the DiMaggio World Wide card which Brent IMO got greedy on and should have had full disclosure on it. I think and hope he should learn from other successful auction companies before it becomes too late with their habitual bad way of doing business like Doug Allen and the king fish of Bill Mastro. Hopefully Brent doesn't follow in their footsteps which includes the people he chooses to surround himself in the hobby circle. Allen and Mastro were tight with John Rogers who we all know how he is/was.

I know many of us want Brent with PWCC to be the pioneer in the hobby on eBay to weed out the already flawed system eBay has. It's true he can do more to prevent fraud and shenanigans. It's a positive step that they are willing to do this unlike many other eBay sellers who can hide behind different alias names.