View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Al

Default Closing Tonight: Love of the Game Auctions

Hi Everybody:

On the heels of an awesome National, I just wanted to remind everyone that the Love of the Game summer auction closes tonight at 9PM eastern.

The extended bidding period begins at 9, and continues until no item in the auction has received a bid for 15 minutes. In order to bid in extended bidding, you need to have placed a bid on that item prior to 9:00.

I do expect this one to run late.

Lots of great items in this auction, but I wanted to point out a few special ones that I think are interesting and perhaps are flying under the radar a bit, given some other items in the auction that are attracting so much attention:

• Beautiful N173 cabinets of Hall of Famers King Kelly, Cap Anson, and John Clarkson
• A dynamite T206 set (518/524), with 337 graded (mostly by SGC). The HOFers and most of the graded cards in this set are gorgeous.
• An extremely cool 1949-52 Los Angeles Angels PCL game-worn jersey and cap, with the jersey attributed to infielder Tod Davis.
• A gorgeous N566 Newsboy John Ward, one of many really nice cabinets we have in this auction.
• A nice assortment of interesting T206s, led by a super high-grade Jake Atz, and followed up by some tough backs, miscast, and nice HOFers.
• A huge group of 1916 M101-4/5 Mendelsohn-produced cards, including a ton of Famous & Barr Hall of Famers and other really tough types
• A nice group of PSA-graded 1933 Goudeys
• A host of tough autographs, attractive memorabilia, and our first Americana section (with lots of bargains).

If you're a bidder or consignor in the auction, best of luck. If not, hopefully it'll be an entertaining night to watch!

www.loveofthegameauctions.com

Thanks so much,
-Al