View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Default Jackie Robinson Game used Bat

Posted By: Matt

Hi everyone, I just discovered this site early this week and have been enjoying the forums. Here something interesting. The place that I work at hires contracted janitors to clean up the building. I had left a copy of the Beckett Graded card investor sitting at my lunchtable during break. The janitor saw it while he was cleaning and when we broke again for lunch he asked about it and if i collected and i told him yes and we were talking about what we collected. Then he tells me about how his father growing up was a huge Brooklyn Dodgers fan and somehow got a hold of a bat That Jackie Robinson broke while he was up at bat during a game he was at. He had the Bat fixed (professionally i dont know) and he gave it to him before he passed away. He said he would bring it in to show me next week. My question is, (If hes telling me the truth) if something like this is authentic what would it be worth?? I would think he should get it looked at by a professional and keep it protected. I just wanted to see what you guys thought.