View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 09:04 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I've never believed this story for a second.

As already mentioned Topps was not flush with cash to waste overhead in such a illogical way. I could believe incineration as it was a very popular method in these instances for that time. The math is just refusing to math on this.

Sy was always one to take advantage of a story and the myth was one of his favorites to wink about. The collectors that love a good conspiracy will always embrace this, however I have seen far of evidence of Bigfoot than a speck of discernable fact in this hobby myth.

As far as marketing goes, there has never been a reason to come out with the truth on this for Topps. More honestly, after this amount of time the only man that could have told the truth passed away in 2014.

This hobby story is forever here to stay, but there is zero truth to it in my mind.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.