View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Default Authentic Grade- good, bad, indifferent

Posted By: Josh K.

Bobby - I think you may be mistaken. I spoke to someone at sgc about this a long time ago (last year) and things may have changed, but from what I recall about the conversation, the only cards that I recall them telling me would grade authentic are trimmed/short cards.

It is my understanding that once a card has been recolored or rebacked they no longer consider the card to be authentic. In other words, if a card is trimmed, what is left is still authentic. If a card has been recolored, what remains is no longer authentic.

I have a card that was slabbed a psa 1 that I sent for crossover. SGC wouldnt cross it because of the strong possibility that it might split in half if cracked out. I asked them if that happened, would they grade the card Auth and put the pieces in a slab that fit correctly and would keept them together (the psa slab was a condom and the card floats around).

Their response was that a card that has been split in two was no longer an authentic card - even if you had both halves. I dont agree with it but that is what I was told.