View Single Post
Old 08-19-2002, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Default Okay you hairy bozos, let's try this again

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

David:

During the past year I have picked up two Ira Thomas photos by Paul Thompson.

The first photo is just a 5" X 7" photo of Ira in a catcher's stance in which he is wearing a white hat with horizonal stripes and white sox with one wide dark horizonal stripe. On the top of the back of the photo in pencil is: "Thomas C. Phila. Amer. In addition, there is a blue ink stamp below the pencil notation, which has the following inside a rectangle:

FOR YOUR USE ONLY
NOT TO BE LOANED, RESOLD
OR SYNDICATED. CREDIT LINE
MUST BE GIVEN AS FOLLOWS
PHOTO BY PAUL THOMPSON

The second photo shows Ira and Connie Mack in the dugout. I saw a very similar photo taken from a slightly different angle, which was attributed to Charles Conlon in a Mastro Catalog, which described the photo as being taken during the 1911 World Series. My photo is autographed by Ira Thomas. In addition to the same stamp mentioned previously this 6 1/2" X 8 1/2" photo has a typed notation on the back this says, " ATHLETIC'S STRATEGY BOARD. MACK AND IRA THOMAS. There is a pencil check mark above MACK and in the top right corner the number 18 has been crossed out and a 14 is written just below the earlier number. In this photo Ira has a dark brim on this cap and two black horizonal stripes on his sox. Hope this helps. Patrick.