View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 05:34 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

I too returned to the hobby a couple of years ago. I had a favorite card shop and could find very nice cards of any decade. He also had cool unique sports items too, one of which comes to mind was a Trans-O-Gram set of the players. Wife and I moved to SoCal and ten years later we are back in KC only for me to find my beloved shop's inventory was sold and the guy retired. Sadly, I do not have much in the area to choose from and from what I HAVE found in the local shops I am happy to shop online.

I am curious if any of you think our card hobby ( and one of my life's pleasures ) is slowly dying. I am near 50, and I do not find much interest in baseball cards from kids. I realize there are too many card companies and the cards are too much in price. Society makes it hard for a kid to be a kid, and EVERYONE is so busy with life. Video games, Social Media, ect all take time and money. I find it sad that the fun I had as a kid, and now as an adult, appears to be enjoyed only by my generation or older. Am I wrong in my accessment? Perhaps it's just the ebb and flow of the tide and the circle of life. I love going to the mail box and opening my cards just like I used to love opening a wax pack when I was 10 years old. This is such a great memory and feeling to have and I feel younger generations have / are missing out.

I'm going to play Sinatra on my Hi-Fi now.......