View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Default t206 rare backs in BST

Posted By: Cat

My opinion is based solely on the Lenox Marquard (the only card I am interested in). I believe that you likely would have received a PSA 2 or an SGC 30. At those grades you would likely be able to sell the card at the $520 to $580 range. If my assumption is correct you LIKELY would not of benefited by grading since I think you will get something in or near that range anyway. If by chance you received a PSA 3 or SGC 40, then by all means you likely would of benefited since that could add a couple hundred. From the scans, it looks like he card has a crease (chin level, left border), staining on the back, rough bottom edge, and mushy corners, so I really believe a PSA 2 was the likely grade. Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking your card...it's beautiful...just trying to offer an opinion. A number of times, I bought a card assuming it would grade X and only to have it grade X-2 and have the value turn out to be less than I bought it raw.

The way the market has been lately, makes any prediction near impossible... just recognize you are going to do well by these cards. The smartest thing you have done is to come on this board and present yourself and your case and convince folks that you are real and the cards are real. Your biggest obstacle was not grading, but convincing folks you are real and the cards are real.

Edited to correct typos unless otherwise noted.