View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Mike M.

Hi Gary,

Including Tom's responses to my request for clarification about the term of my SCD subscription for those interested. I don't think Tom (the new SCD editor) is a bad guy, or unwilling to help, he just comes off as someone in an organization who is not empowered to act on his convictions. Again, he has been sympathetic about my situation.

Re: Subscription Question
Thank you for your e-mail Mike. Regarding your subscription, it is for the term of your subscription and not on an issue-to-issue basis, unfortunately. That call is out of my hands. As for the price of a subscription to SCD, that stays the same to my knowledge. Thank you.

Thank you for your e-mail Mike. I will make sure your comments are passed along above me, with the understanding you are not along in your thoughts and actions. I can understand completely.

Tom

Given the numerous emails I have sent with no results (other than continued annoyance and frustration), I will instead communicate my disatisfaction with their policy by not renewing. Sharing my experiences with the good folks of Net54 has hopefully shed some unwanted light on F + W Media's lack of concern for doing the right thing by their subscribers.

I also subscribe to another F + W Media mag, Comics Buyers Guide. Not renewing my subscription to this mag will no doubt go unnoticed, but I will at least feel better about supporting the other hobby publications I subscribe to.