View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 09:58 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-2 Pitch View Post
The ripoff I alluded to is that rather than extend subscriber subscriptions by an equivalent number of issues because of the reduction in publishing frequency, they are simply saying that they will honor existing subscriptions through the end of the original expiration date. In other words, my current subscription will end at the same time my old 52 issue subscription would have, but with significantly less total issues.
As soon as I found out about the change and the presumed reduction in issues left on the subscription, I sent an e-mail to Tom Bartsch specifically questioning his statement, "your duration of your SCD subscription will be the same going forward. So if you have a year left on your subscription, that same time frame will carry over." I pointed out that my subscription expires in September and asked if this meant my subscription would still expire in September, but now I'd be getting fewer issues.

Bartsch responded almost immediately, literally within a matter of a few minutes...
Gary,
Thank you for your-mail. I don’t think I was clear in my editorial. I believe it is on an issue-to-issue basis, but will confirm and make clear to all readers. Thank you.

Tom
This was January 13 - two weeks ago. Problem solved... or so I thought, until I got to this part of 0-2 Pitch's post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-2 Pitch View Post
I have sent numerous emails in protest to new editor Tom Bartsch. He is sympathetic, but has assured me that the decision is above his pay grade.
This leads me to believe that, as I originally inferred, our subscriptions will indeed expire when originally scheduled, with no extensions. And if "the decision is above his pay grade," I'd suggest contacting the upper management at Krause's parent company F+W Media. Unfortunately, the only e-mail address I could find on their website is contact_us@fwmedia.com, so a letter, via postal mail, to the top man might be the way to go:
David Nussbaum
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
F+W Media, Inc.
4700 E. Galbraith Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45236-2726
(Phone: 513-531-2690)