View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 06:37 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
If Trout is like all the others before him , his SB's will go down a lot in the next few years (look at Canseco, Sosa, Soriano etc). I think he is already in the $ 30+ million/year range. In his 30's, his baserunning will no longer be an asset, in fact he has not had over 30 SB since 2013 (not over 30 for the last 5 years). 7 years and he has hit the 100 RBI mark 2 times (100,111).

I know he is a great player but I thought his stats were much better than this. Watching MLB Network I thought he was the greatest of all-time ( lifetime average is . 307 , you would think it was .350+ ).

Also I watch a lot of baseball games and I think most CF's are very good and fast. Not sure how some get rated higher than others, they all make great plays.

Teams win games by who scores the most runs. I still like RBI's .
Of course my prior post was facetious, sort of, but there is something about Trout and this metric that is an uncanny marriage. I vividly recall an article last year in May or June speculating that if he kept up his pace he was on track for perhaps the greatest season ever. I looked and he was hitting .294 as I recall. WTF.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-10-2019 at 06:38 PM.