View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Been picking these up for a few years now. I agree, this year was not as good as last. However, they do have more per store and better organized. In the past depending on the store it could be a real needle in a haystack search for the signed copies.

I was able to get all the books my wife asked for and sadly only 1 of the three I wanted. The Brian Wilson shananigans were a bummer and I was unable to find Carol Burnett. I was able to get a copy of the Tippi Hedren memoir and was pleased at the great signature.

I would encourage people to search for signed books on the B&N site as they have them regularly. I ordered the Offerman book signed several weeks ago easily.

Also check the Books-a-million and Quail Ridge Books sites as well. Both sell signed copies at publisher prices and often cheaper. I was able to get the signed Outsiders that escaped me last year and also a signed Burke Breathed copy of Bill the Cat at a 15 discount off list at Books-a-million.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 11-27-2016 at 05:30 PM.