View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Well, I think the "auctions" are sort of neat and I think they have a place here on Net 54. We might need to work out a couple small details. Just kind of like normal transactions, we'd expect people to communicate well, uphold their end of the transaction, etc...

One concern I have is that inevitably, someone who has their card up for auction will be very disappointed by the final price that has been earned. So how would we monitor this section so that people don't simply withdraw from the transaction if they're not happy with how their card performed?

I would recommend simply a new category in the BST index page. A "Net54Baseball.com Auctions" category could easily be added and would do well to keep those sort of auctions seperate from the actual buying/selling/trading requests.

For supplies, I think those are important too and really could stay where they are or go in the Everything Else catagory. They don't come up too often so I can see continuing to place them in the same section as the cards that they pertain too. They might be easier to find and get a little more notice that way.

For boxing and golf - dunno if combining is really necessary. It's no skin off our back to have them in two seperate categories and there's no advantage to combining. Especially given that these are two different sports with nothing really in common, I would just leave those the way they are. If we were to combine those however, I could just manually move the golf threads over to the boxing forum. There's only 67 of them so it wouldn't take too long.

Just my two cents...
Brian