View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 05:53 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
It is an interesting, and odd item. As a true sports related collectible though, can't see much value at all. The framing and writing gives the dollar bill its provenance as to being somewhat related to baseball history, but I've never heard of anyone who valued and collected currency as part of a sports bet. Now if you had the dollar bill signed by a player or some other significant individual from or otherwise related to that World Series, now you're talking a completely different story.

As others have stated, the value depends on what the dollar bill itself would be worth, plus maybe the value of the frame that someone may be interested in. Personally, unless there is some intrinsic, hidden extra value in the dollar bill itself as a currency collectible, I couldn't see paying more than say $30-$40 (if even that) for something like this. Others may have a higher value due to the oddity and/or baseball related connection, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot more. I could see an antique store listing it at maybe $50-$100 as a retail price, but don't expect anyone will be interested at even the minimum bid/price being asked on Ebay.

And by the way, based on a quick search online, the value of the dollar bill itself looks to be not so high either. I know this is not the exact same bill as in the item being sold, but doubt the there's going to be a huge, expected price difference.

https://oldmoneyprices.com/1918-1-bl...round%20%24125.

+1 agree well said

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1917-20 Felix Mendelssohn Babe Ruth
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson