Thread: I am gonna vent
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 06:52 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Don't disagree it's annoying, but everyone is looking to make the best deal they can favoring them to the max. It's human nature.

There is a guy on ebay I've alluded to a few times who purchases items at AHs for a couple hundred bucks and often tries to sell on eBay a few days later for multiples of what he paid. I do think what he paid is a relevant point in any negotiation. If 20 people bid on something and it settles at $750, I think it's a little ridiculous to list it on eBay for $3700. But it's a free country and he can obviously try to sell it for $250,000 if he is so inclined. It annoys me but not a damm thing I can do about it.
well if that same seller likes to say 'i cant sell it for x because i have more than x into the card' Then they should be prepared for buyers who know how much another card they bought to offer them more than that number and state that.

I am assuming the new buyer people who are quoting what seller bought the card previously for are making their offer in the context of a 'reasonable range' comparable to prior sales.

People who are afraid to list prices usually are too scared to sell a card because they are worried they wont get enough so they want to just listen to offers which usually wont work out OR they want a ridiculous amount