View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Tom Re.bert

[QUOTE=marvymelvin;1333154]Are directly and evajoy91 the same person?? Or is it just bad luck to have two pains in the asses running at the same time. I just can't for the life of me figure out why they don't just accept the information and move on even if they decide they do not not want to accept the advice. Just smile and wave for hell sake! Hey I ask for advice from people all of the time, some of the time I agree and some of the time I don't, but I never ask and then argue. It is common sense and common decency.[/QUOTE

I'm happy-, but for the record not one time have I mocked, insulted, or name called anyone. If so I apologize. I tried to present facts.

It really doesn't matter what we say, the Photograph is here to stay

There have been many great discoveries requiring trial and error before becoming successful. This is my last response to this thread and hopefully will leave the members the impression of possibilities.

Due to the fact we know Comiskey is the one constant recorded baseball player in my Dubuque Rabbits photograph to have played baseball in Dubuque the four years 1878-1881.

In 1880 Ted Sullivan decided that a free lance combination would be less risky and in 1880 the semi-professional team succeeded the Northwestern league title holders.

( 1878-1881 Dubuque Rabbits baseball team roster )

1878--Comiskey and others

1879--Comiskey, Tom Sullivan, LP Reis, Lapham, Radbourn, Bill and Jack Gleason, Ted Sullivan, J Ross, Tom Loftus, Taylor
and Alveretta

1880--Comiskey and others

1881--Comiskey 1b, Ted Sullivan ss-p., Loftus 2b, Ross c., Burns 3b., Lear rf., Morrison ss-p., Keys lf., and Phelan cf

The 1882 US census shows Ted Sullivan resided in St Louis staying with his uncle. We know Comiskey didn't own a copy, so very likely Sullivan took the photo with him to St Louis. Comiskey named Reis and Alveretta in a photo, so is this the photo?

I do want thank a few of our forum members insight.-- in Missouri we call this research.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Directly; 01-27-2024 at 06:17 AM.