View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Belltown Vintage

Seriously, no more Portland Beavers? That's nuts. Another reason for me not to move down the road to Portland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytoad View Post
Well these are probably trivial in nature, but it is intermission of the Red Wings game and I'm browsing around the n54 board.

Most recently, the Portland Beavers PCL team left town in favor of Major league soccer (say what?) the ballpark was remodeled to fit the soccer field better. This means no baseball in the area. I even read that the greater
Portland, OR area is the largest population in America with no professional baseball

I went to the Beavers last game

Willy Mo Pena gave my son's friend his batting glove. We got a couple baseballs tossed our way too.

Prior to this, and even more trivial, I went to a Red Sox game to see what should have been HOFer Jim Rice (say what?) last game. He didn't play and rumor had it that he wasn't even there after some riff with Sox management.
The only reason I really mention it is that I was able to migrate to home plate seats after the 5th or 6th inning and that was the first time I was so up close to the big leagues that I could hear them talking during the game. Kinda cool.