View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Barry A and Barry S......

Barry A

In the early 1980's, I started my 1st T206 set. In 1983, I met Barry Sloate via an SCD adv. he was running on 1949 Bowman cards.
Barry was also into the T206's, and he encouraged me in collect the tougher T206 front/back combos. To start with, he sold me that
nice looking Lundgren (shown in my initial post here with the very rare EPDG back). I paid Barry $75 for the Lundgren (the most I had
paid for a T206 at that time). Some time in 1985, Barry made me a $100 bet that I would not find a DRUM T206 within a year. Approx.
6 months later, Barry calls me. He tells me that he has a DRUM for me. I said.."but Barry, if you sell me this DRUM, you will lose our bet."
He said that was fine with him, and that's how I acquired my first DRUM. The same Moeller/DRUM card that is now in your collection.
So, Barry...."that's the rest of the story"....as Paul Harvey would say.

I'd venture say this Moeller is a unique T206. It's been almost 30 years, and I have never seen another T206 Moeller with a DRUM back.
Perhaps, some one else on this forum will chime in and tell us that they have (or have seen) a 2nd Moeller/DRUM card ? ?

TED Z