View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive View Post
Posted By: William

I have nothing to confirm this one way or another, but I have heard over the years that #1 - #100 white & gray backs are about equally distributed and #101- #180, about 90% are gray backs and 10% white backs.

I separate #101 - #180 white backs at shows. I don't get much of a premium for them, unless they are EX/MT or better. Collectors who are looking for them appreciate they don't have to dig through all of my 1956's to find them. Collector's who isn't working on the master set don't give a crap about them.

I don't find alot of #101 - #180 white backs in high grade. I find they typically have more surface indentions, scratches, etc that the #101- #180 gray backs.

I have some in stock for anyone with #'s they are looking for.

I have been looking for a 1956 11 (Cubs) dated gray back for years. It has just been suggested to me by another member of our forum that only the 1956 11 left and centered have both white and gray backs; that the 1956 11 dated was only printed in white back. I have sent a note to PSA asking them for help but no answer yet. I would go to SCD but since Bob left I haven't had much success with them. Can you shed any light on this? Thanks.