View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 09:00 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
#1 Since getting into prewar, I have found I like A LOT of prewar issues...especially the E cards. The Obaks are a ton of fun for me, and I will probably always collect them, but I am drawn to many, many other sets.

#2 I am on a budget and not looking to complete sets but would like a taste of several.

#3 If aspects of #1 and #2 fit you, have you turned to player collecting to make it happen?

#4 I find myself drawn to Lajoie. He was quite a player and manages to show up on some cool cards in some attractive sets but manages to be reasonably affordable, all things considered.

#5 I am thinking collecting him would give me the opportunity to collect some nice fronts and backs of a player who was significant and allow me to own cards from many different prewar sets. I will still collect Obaks, but this would allow me to branch out.

Anyone else taken an approach like this??

I not only collect T205 Cubs and T207 Cubs but I also collect Elmer Miller of the 1921 and 1922 Yankees. He is a distant relative of mine ( great great uncle) and was the first Yankee to get a hit and score a run in a World Series. Have cards and original type 1 photos from his playing days.