Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 10:45 AM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
Welcome to the board! I did the same thing when I got into vintage baseball. Sold my hall of fame football rookie collection, all hockey, and all basketball. I never missed them, or looked back for one second. There are so many incredible vintage cards, that you simply can't have them all (unless you own the Arizona Diamondbacks or Net54 ). My advice would be to educate yourself and try to focus your collection as much as possible. If you can't have it all, at least try to focus your attention, and financial resources, on one a focused collection. You can collect type-cards, or rare t206 backs, or one particular player. Your options are Limitless. So before you rush to buy your first vintage cards, maybe get a game plan or goal. It's like owning a fish tank. Before buying your first fish, you need to know what other fish you want. Some fish can't swim in the same tank together because they will kill each other. Some fish will eat your expensive corals. While cards may not attack each other in the way fish do, the point of the analogy is that you may ultimately want cards that swim together nicely. Happy collecting.
Thanks for the advice. I've picked up a couple T206's and T213 to get familiar with them. But I think I really like the e90 American caramels