View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 06:38 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Hi Mark,

I sympathize and empathize

Different but the Same. (All within last 90 days)

I relatively young (53) get annual physicals, I eat healthy(not perfect but healthy), and I to got Prostate Cancer.
My PSA was 2.2 (below the minimum of 4) but as they monitored it went up fast. Within 6 months over 4 and once I went to Urologist and all tests this past Nov 2021 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer with a Gleason score of 9( considered very aggressive). Luckily caught early but within 30 days a ton of tests I had the prostate removed (Radiation was ruled out due to a variety of reasons and the aggressiveness of the Cancer)

The end result is it was removed, pathology came back as localized (not contained within prostate but was breaking out). Now on road to recovery(will not bother with details manageable but not pleasant) and long term monitoring.

So now I live with it as I hope that it does not spread at some point in future.

I have put in place short term and long term plans just in case although the prognosis looks positive (worst comes to worse my wife becomes a Cougar) lol and aggressive cancer means that there is a real chance of it spreading at some point in future. All can do is monitor and pray and go for next step in treatment if it comes back.

The plan is to enjoy my collection, enjoy my hobby, and keep the balance.

The key to catch it early is regular physicals, the blood tests to monitor the PSA, and do not take anything for granted (age is not the factor for cancer.

Hope I did not bore anyone

Thanks for sharing Mark.

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph

Last edited by mrreality68; 02-18-2022 at 06:44 PM.