View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 10:51 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Whats funny is if they score...everyone would be criticizing belichek for not calling a timeout with a minute left..instead he let it tick down to 30 secs...which would of been more than enough time for seahawks to run 3 plays as they had a timeout ....all the pats would of needed would of been a fg to tie the game like green bay did a week earlier...no reason not to call your 3 timeouts if seahawks run ball and are stopped....but..

the irony is...if a timeout was called...I pretty sure seattle ends up running the ball when they have time to think about it on 2nd down..plus another reason they run is they would want ne to burn more timeouts if stopped on a run versus an incomplete pass......
Yea, I completely agree here. As the play was happening, I was thinking that Belichick was making a major mistake and not calling a timeout. If the Seahawks had scored there, then Brady would have had less than 30 seconds to try to get into field goal range, very tough for even him, when they could have given him a whole minute which would have been a decent amount of time since they had timeouts also. Then we could have been debating Belichick's brain cramp instead of Carroll's. And I also agree that if NE calls a TO, the Seahawks probably would have realized what a crazy mistake they were thinking of trying to do a pass play there, and probably would have changed it to a run or at least a better designed pass play.