View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Bill Gregory

Hi, Anthony. Not only do I have it, I was reading it a few minutes before discovering this thread.

I love it. The book is quite informative, and enjoyable to read. There are a lot of lesser known players in the set. I can only imagine the amount of research they did in preparation. I also like the way it's organized. I would have done one thing differently, however. I'd have used real T206 cards throughout the book instead of reprints. The last chapter, which is written by Joe Orlando, includes imagery of all real, PSA slabbed cards. If it meant the cards would have been of slightly lesser quality throughout, I'd have been fine with that. I don't think there's a shortage of collectors who would have happily donated scans of their cards to the cause.

I have their book on the Cracker Jack Players, too. Another enthusiastic recommendation. The players in that book are grouped by position, which I like even better.

The two books together look great on my coffee table. It's my not too subtle attempt to get friends and family members into the hobby.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 08-14-2014 at 08:43 AM.