View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Default 2009 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards-WTF?

Posted By: Rich Klein

Jim:

One of the hardest issues to comprehend is just how much data there is for anyone to get through. There are more than 25,000 sets (granted some are parallelso of modern sets) now in existence and you are asking someone to be as much as an expert on pre-1900 material as they are in 2008 prospecting.
VCP has had to grow exponentially and IIRC one of Bobby's posts correctly, at one point they had 18,000 EBay lines to parse through at any given time. And remember they are ONLY dealing with graded cards, not with everything from the 1880's Old Judges to 2008 Mets Team Sets. I guarantee you that none of the 2008 Mets Team Issued Postcards will ever be graded so no matter how good Bobby and his crew are, so that item would never be catalogued unless someone noticed it and notified a person doing the cataloguing.
In reality, the ONLY way for comprehensive price guides to survive is to have help from all of those in the field. I stand by what I said, if you want to comment -- HELP -- otherwise don't comment on this subject.

Regards
Rich