View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Default Joe Jackson Barnstorming Photo

Posted By: Anonymous

Trust me......I want this to be Joe Jackson more than anyone here...except maybe the guy that paid that huge amount of cash for it.....for my own personal reasons.....but I simply do not see Jackson in this man.....Again...I agree there are some mannerisms about the way he stands and all that do remind me of Joe Jackson. But when I compare the photos I have of Joe Jackson in 1923 from all different camera angles....I simply don't see it. The Jackson family members all knew Joe (obviously not from this time...but later in life.....and you'd think even years later they would be able to recognize one of their own....and NONE of them did). Neither did any of the other Jackson experts around the country when contacted.

Again....please understand.....not trying to be a naysayer here....I WANT it to be Jackson too......I really, really do and I am hoping someone brings me the proof I need....a newspaper article......a video interview from their great, great grandfather that saw Jackson play with this team.....something.

Come'on.....somebody out there reading this is within driving distance of Zanesville........do us and the guy that bought this thing a favor.....go read the newspaper accounts at the library and prove me wrong....... Again...I WANT to be proved wrong on this one.....I'll gladly apologize to everyone here....cause that will help me put another piece in my puzzle.........

Help a brotha out!!

Mike
Official Historian
The Shoeless Joe Jackson Virtual Hall of Fame Web Site
http://www.blackbetsy.com/
Home of the Joe Jackson model Louisville Slugger baseball bat offer.
The voice said "Build it and they will come".........and they have!!!!!