View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Default Joe Jackson Barnstorming Photo

Posted By: Rhys

It came from a local Ohio estate and was from the family of the team owner named Perry marks. I got several e mails about the photo, about 20 people said it was definetly him, including some who certainly would know and some auction houses as well, and 2 people thought it was not him. What you have to remember about this picture is that it is 1923 which is three years after he was banned from baseball. I spent hours and hours making phone calls and trying to contact people in Zainesville Ohio to do as much research as I could (all of which was on the ebay description) and after coming to an impasse because of the problem with assumed names and lack of newspaper accounts of these games I decided to list it on ebay. I am convinced it is him, and my research indicates that it is most likely him as well. When you start to add up the circumstantial evidence surrounding the piece the odds are very heavily in favor of it being Jackson, but as the item said, I have no concrete proof mostly because of the assumed name problems. I was figuring about $700-$1,000 so others obviously share my opinion on the picture.