Thread: I am gonna vent
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 09:37 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

I want to just say that I believe some of my first post was misconstrued and I probably should have been more clear.

In regards to the first scenario, I was referring to ebay.

I assumed everyone already understood I had a number up and wasn't just blindly saying make an offer.

Anyone that watches my BST sees that I rarely do not put a price, unless it is something unique that I am not 100% sure of the market so want to field offers to get an idea as there are not many comps out there.

In regards to the second scenario,

I do not mean instances in which an item has a VCP etc.

Here is one example.

I recently purchased a 1919 World Series guest pin on ebay. I paid $750. The dealer knew it was worth more as did I, however he needed quick cash for a auction that was ending soon.

We agreed on a price and now it is public knowledge. I sent out some photos to people (dealers and collectors) to see if there was interest, and I would get back the same thing...

Is this the one that just sold on ebay for $750? I'd do X on it.

Ok so in my opinion an item like this is worth anywhere from 1500 up to 5000 or even more depending on how many are out there and how many people want to compete over it.

Low ball offers based on what I spent on the item in this case are insulting and plain wrong.

This is the context in which I meant it.

Hope that clarifies some of the qualms.