View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 02:18 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmartin View Post
I'm thinking of picking up a card from the auction that ends at Heritage tonight. So if I have this correct aside from the 20% buyers premium I would have to pay a shipping fee of $28.65 (the item is over $1000 with premium) plus an additional shipping fee of $5.95? Am I also responsible for sales tax even if I do not live in the same state? Basically after AH premium, shipping costs and sales tax I would be paying about 30% on top of the bid price. Does this sound correct or am I missing something?
And if you pay by credit card some AHs will tack on yet more percentage points. Don't recall Heritage.

Heritage charges those shipping rates because your little card may be packaged inside three other boxes and may come in a box large enough to hold a few bowling balls. May have to wade through 10,000 foam peanuts too. And scads of bubble wrap. These dudes could mail you 5000 eggs out of their carton and nothing would break.

As to taxes, if you live in same state as AH I think you get dinged, otherwise no.

If I buy a high ticket item from one of the large NJ based Ahs, I get hit with everything in sight. Who knows. . .could be close to 40%.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 06-29-2017 at 02:22 PM.