View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Al Richter

Default 52 House

The 52 yellow lion House was discussed by Bob Lemke in an SCD article just before he retired. As I recall Bob tended to view it as a true variation rather than a printing defect based on the other colors on both versions of the card. After the article the prices for the yellow lion version shot up on ebay, with even poor specimens going for a substantial premium over the regular card. I think as a result of the article a nice specimen like this would draw interest, particularly if graded highly.

However, I am not sure whether based on the SCD article and resulting hobby recognition so far PSA or another grading company would label it as a variation since it is not in SCD's catalog. Not sure about Beckett. But if you can run the article down on the internet and submit it with the card maybe you can get them to do something.

But even if it is graded as a regular House card with a high grade, it will draw interest among those familiar with it, especially master set types who speculate it will eventually get wider hobby recognition. I'm glad I have mine already just in case

And Doug you need to get one too and quite worrying about that blue Aaron

By the way, in a related SCD article Bob noted that versions of the 52 Woodling and Scheib cards could be found with border irregularities but he concluded that they were just print defects. Still those cards, which can be found more easily that the yellow lion House card on ebay, also began selling at a premium, although much less so than the House. And yes Doug, you need them too....you know you do

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 04-29-2012 at 08:45 PM.