View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Default Hundreds of pre-1930 cards on Ebay

Posted By: leon

To say a dealer knows the prices/values of all esoteric cards in the pre-war category is, to say the least, not realistic. Sure a T206 common in vg is probably easy to give a close approximation. But take any of the more obscure stuff and forget about it...ya never know. I can't say how many times I have been surprised at how much something has sold for in the last few years. I feel like I follow the market for obscure stuff almost as much as anyone and I still don't have a clue half the times. On the Levi 707 subject I would say I have done 10 deals with him...never paid full price but usually close...and he has always been very pleasant. No excuse for being rude and I am not making one for him if he was. I know I have been rude before but try not to be too often. On the subject of bringing cards to shows that aren't for sale I used to bring part of my collection to the National for show and tell. I had numerous people tell me they really appreciated me doing it and loved seeing them. After the first year I made little sign saying they weren't for sale. Before that Scott B wasn't too happy with me.... .....Everyone would ask him how much for so and so....only for him to tell them they weren't for sale. That must have been sort of a downer but I did rectify it at future Nationals. Now I don't do it so I can drink more beer and not think about having the liability of having them with me...regards