View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 08:44 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
What bothers me most is the Alleged Continuous Shill Bidding By the Same Auction House that is supposed to be under investigation.

Question for auctioneers.....

if you have a group of investors in your company whom consign their cards with you say if they bid on their own cards and win it back do they have to pay or can they say they’re investors said card will go back into their vault because I’m an investor in there company ? I have no idea but the thought has crossed my mind that this is maybe legal ??? I don’t know curious to hear from some auctioneers
I am no auctioneer nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. I do know about shill bidding though. It is done 2 ways most of the time when the winner is really shilling.

The shill bidder pays for the item and all the fees. This is still shill bidding even though the shiller paid because their plan was to inflate the price. I have seen shillers say that as long as they pay it is OK. To me it is just an excuse used by a POS.

The other main one is the seller just cancels the sale to avoid fees.

Both of these happen a LOT.

Then there is also just the opposite. People don't fallow through with sales because they did not bring enough $ at auction. Then they relist the same item over and over till it brings the price they want. What is even funnier is all the posts asking "what can I do, the seller canceled and won't send me the item I won". Answer is nothing.

I love this hobby.