View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Default perhaps a little insight into the T206 Wagner genesis

Posted By: barrysloate

Adam, nobody expects things to go back the way they were in the 80's, but the hobby certainly moved at an easier pace back then so I have to disagree with you to some degree. I think there was a lot more trading, it was a lot easier to get material as the stuff was worth less then and we all used to let things slide just a little. Sure, everyone valued their personal collections but I do not remember the hobby being even remotely as competitive as it is today. And I can recall going to the Willow Grove shows back then and knew I would find a ton of stuff and come home with a briefcase full of good material. Now I wouldn't even waste the gas money to drive there. Completely different hobby then, slower pace, and I will also add that nearly everyone who were my major trading, buying and selling partners from back then have in the majority dropped out of the hobby or at minimum are very disillusioned with how it is today. Nobody expects time to travel backwards, I'm just saying that for me and many others much of the fun is long gone. And so many of the vintage cards have become so ungodly expensive and will continue to get even more so that I realize that if it's a choice between keeping something or selling it, I think I would rather just have the money and let someone else own it.