View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Default Board's opinion on BST behavior

Posted By: Mike Peich

I enjoy this Board enormously, and have the generous Tim Newcomb to thank for guiding me to it a number of years ago. Now one of the first things I do each day is read the posts, and check to see if there is anything interesting on the B/S/T. The B/S/T has helped me learn about other sets and their values, discover who is collectiing which sets/cards, and sometimes uncover cards I need. The B/S/T experience is one of the reasons I enjoy this Board--it is not as impersonal as ebay, and I don't have to worry about paying an auction house VAT.

As a result of the cards I have acquired/discussed via the B/S/T I have met interesting people, and made new friends, e.g., the inimitable Bob Marquette, Bill Cornell, Scott Mosley, Keith O'Leary, Scott Brockelman, and, yes, even Leon. And, I have always had good transactions with Board members. Last week Jim Manos and I agreed upon a price for T222 dupes I had listed, and a T209 he had listed. It was a very smooth and amicable transaction, and we both felt good about the it. I have had similar dealings with the afore-mentioned members, as well as Brian McQueen (thank you, again, for helping me acquire some needed T222s), Joann (I still would like that Mullin T-3!), Don Johnson, and the list goes on.

I regard the B/S/T as a place where I can find difficult cards, as well as a community in which I can occasionally announce that I need assistance in finding items. I guess the key word from my perspective is community. I live in a small town where I interact commercially with a number of people who are also my friends. If they offer me an item that I feel is over-priced, I simply don't buy it. It doesn't ruin our friendship, and our community spirit survives, as it will regarding our Board's B/S/T.

Cheers, Mike