View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Default Board Opinion on eBay Auction Description

Posted By: Jon Canfield

This thread is not meant to be a shameless plug so I will be somewhat cryptic in my wording here. Tonight, I listed a an auction on eBay for a card which I believe to be somewhat of an odity from a "T" set. However, I am not 100% accurate as to its' legitimacy. Let me clarify - the card is real; no doubt about it. However, it may be somewhat "special", which greatly increases it's value. Since I am not an expert at all, I wrote the following paragraph in my auction...

"I have tried to be as accurate and complete as possible with my item description. As you can see from my 100% feedback, I'm not in the business to rip people off. However, self admittidly, I am not a [purposely omitted in this post so no self advertising] expert, and surely not a [purposely omitted in this post so no self advertising] expert. Although I feel this card is legitimate (and the people I have showed it to seem to believe it is legitimate), I am not 100% convinced. So, here is what I'm going to do. The high bidder who wins this card will receive the card with item tracking. I will give that high bidder 2 days from receipt of the card (according to when USPS says the card was delivered) to evaluate the card and make their own determination as to the legitimacy of this as being a [purposely omitted in this post so no self advertising] odity. If the winning bidder is not happy with the card, they can either email me or call me within those 2 days and I will give a full refund less shipping costs. (I will provide the high bidder with my phone number at auctions end). I feel that this is fair and allows the high bidder to make their own independent judgment. Again, I want to stress I feel this card is a LEGIT [purposely omitted in this post so no self advertising], but I am no expert."

OK, HERE IS WHAT IM ASKING. I highly value this board's opinion. Do you feel I have been straight-forward in my description and offered reasonable terms for inspection? We often have threads the errupt about eBay seller's purposeful deceit and I don't want this card to be a subject of such conversation. I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks,
Jon