View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Banned

I can't really think of anything worse than an autograph signing if I was an MLB player. All those annoying people shoving trinkets at you to sign and trying to shake your hand, get a photo, etc. Bet it gets old quick.

I really wonder why they even bother, even at 175 a pop like Joe D. it seems like a really miserable & degrading way to make $$$. But old farts like him, Mays & Mantle who got paid squat while players have no choice I guess, maybe they need the cash to maintain their lifestyle?

Hard to see players today doing this garbage in say 10 or 15 years. Why would guys like Jeter, Arod etc waste a day of their life to do this when they already have more $$$ than any human could spend in 50 lifetimes?

If I was an MLB player I wouldn't sign anything for anyone while still an active player (like Steiner or whoever most of them now sign thru by contract). Why give those clowns a cut when you could create scarcity/demand and then be a huge "get" in retirement? Instead of shows you could sign thru the mail and charge rich collectors like 2500 a pop if they want it bad enough.