View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 07:45 PM
James

Default Thoughts on this T206 Cobb?

Hi,
I've been lurking for about 2 years now, and have made a few deals with various members, but I don't think I've actually posted before. I've slowly been accumulating T-206's, and have made decent progress. I know my limitations though, (lack of experience), and currently only collect graded cards.

Recently, I decided to look for a cheap Cobb, and stumbled onto what I thought was a decent price for one on Ebay. It has its flaws, seems deserving of the grade, but I liked it because it seemed so well centered and had pretty nice corners. As it arrived, and I've looked at it more, I'm just concerned with how perfectly centered it is, and how nice the corners look.

I didn't realize this was a thing, but after doing more research, it seems like it isn't completely uncommon to fake SGC slabs. So, now I'm a little more concerned since I don't feel like I can trust the slab.

Here is the link to the auction with the pictures. Should I be concerned, or am I just being paranoid? Any help from more experienced members would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T206-Piedmo....m43663.l10137

Thanks,
James