View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 06:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I have been thinking this for quite a while. It makes me have a stomach ache and I don't even collect them. So many high end Ruth and other sigs on pre-war cards. It honestly seems kind of crazy to me as to how many we see. And when it seems crazy.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Get out of the hobby!?!? How about get EDUCATED before getting INTO the hobby in the first place?

I realize that you personally know your autographs and are probably just panicking a little. That's understandable. But go find a scan of an AUTHENTIC scanned Fred Parent T206 (believe me, you can find one that you'll be sure of) and place it next to a fake. Then you can relax. It's the people who are letting the TPA's do their thinking for them who are getting burned. Unfortunately, that's most of the signed T206 collectors.

As an aside, now that we finally have some proof regarding T206's, are any of you ready to start talking about all those signed '33 Goudey Ruth and Gehrig cards? (Lou and Babe are still signing from the grave, so rest easy collectors who are concerned about diminishing supply).