View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 10:39 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
I was going to ask some of these same questions...

I believe that the signed T206 prices will remain strong with so many examples being weeded out as no good. Thus as the signed T206 population decreases, prices will increase (or at least remain the same/strong). It's not necessarily a bad thing to have these signed cards strongly scrutinized now. I own 2 (from thw 2007 Pittsburgh find).
I don't see that happening for a LONG time. Frankly I think this ends up hitting the hobby really hard, with plenty of vintage autograph collectors simply quitting. If the TPA's aren't doing their job (and clearly they aren't) then this is the wild west with no sheriffs, and while these forgers weren't clever enough to disguise their work perfectly; they were good enough to get authenticated, and smart enough to change the cards a bit from their original condition. They were only a few steps from making their frauds nearly undetectable.

I for one am probably out of the genre; this shakes the tree hard enough for me to say it isn't worth the risk, plenty of other exciting ways to collect... A trimmed card, is still at least the real thing... a forged autograph diminishes the value of the item down to zero.