View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Default Jesse Orosco's All Star trophy, what is it worth??

Posted By: Mike Navarro

Anybody have any idea what this is worth? What would be the best avenue to sell it? It is Jesse Orosco’s personal trophy from the 1983 All Star Game. I just dug it out of my storage shed and obviously, it needs to be cleaned and polished up. I believe at one time it went through high heat or a fire as well as the bottom base is warped from the heat. I believe it is silver although I’m not certain. It is about 9 ½ inches tall and measures almost 9 inches diameter at the top. I picked it up years ago. The inscription reads: “1983 All Star Game (seal of the National League) Presented to JESSE OROSCO Charles S. Feeney (engraved sig) President”

Orosco was only in this one All Star game and struck out the only batter he faced. I am also considering contacting Jesse and giving it back to him if he wants it, but as someone has pointed out to me, evidently it didn't mean too much to him, or he wouldn't have gotten rid of it in the first place, as its not likely he was down in the dumps and needed the money.

Thanks,

Mike

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]