View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Scott ku.rtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBlue View Post
Does anybody have a list of known card flippers here on NET54? After missing out on a T206 Speaker on the BST board the other day that I wanted to fill a hole in my collection, I was disappointed to see the card appear on eBay within a week for $200 more than the BST sales price.

I'm not claiming anything dishonest occurred here. But as an occasional seller through the BST I would prefer not to sell to known flippers.

Does anybody have a list I can put on my "blocked buyers" list?
Flipper or not, once you own the card you can do whatever you please. It's certainly your right. The other day I saw beautiful 1933 Goudey cards I wanted, but the guy was on the shill bidder list, so I reluctantly passed on buying anything ever from him. To each their own I suppose.

I mean, if there is a single dealer on this site, they are a flipper. They find a buyer and a seller and play middle man and take the spread. I didn't know buying a card low and selling it high was a crime, whether it's 70 minutes or 70 years. I would be more worried about card burners, card cutters and card counterfeiters.