View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 01:06 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
That's a really interesting point Steve.

I've collected coins longer than I've collected cards, but with a lot more and longer "vacations" from the hobby. Started coins as a kid, figure around 1970, maybe/probably a bit earlier. Didn't start cards until 73-4 and got more into it in 77. Actually did both plus stamps plus other stuff off and on for a while. Without much budget of course.

With all the time I've taken off from coins, I don't really know who anyone is aside from maybe a few of the really long term people that write for the magazines.

That instant credibility vs relative obscurity is probably going to be a key thing going forward. And it may end up being regional, someone well known in Mass might not be well known in Cal.
I can just see Levi adding 707-HE stickers.

But to me the issue isn't whether Greg is known, I believe from what has been said that he has the credentials, there are many experts who have flown under the radar. For me, the question is whether this service really adds value and I'm just not in favor of 4th party grading whether it's done by Brent, Greg, or anyone else.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-14-2018 at 01:18 PM.