View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default some of the story

I don't feel I should get other folks involved in this by revealing names. That being said here are a few things that might shed some light. This Red Hindu Red Cobb was consigned by a hobby-friend of mine that used to have some high end cards but is out of the hobby now. When I said I thought it was real, in this thread, it prompted a call to me. I just don't want to say who it was without his approval...and my guess is that he would rather not reveal his name as I doubt he wants the questions and obvious angst to go towards him as some in this thread have shown. Can anyone blame him? This person told me after the card was sold in auction that the buyer was made aware of the situation and did go back to PSA for a resolution. I don't know where that stands nor do I really care. Of course it's important for the buyer to know the story and I think he does. That is really all that mattered to me.

For Tim to say I was BS'ing about what I said is absolutely insane. What motive would I have for saying something that isn't true? It makes no sense whatsoever. I could actually give a rat's ass about the whole thing. I have no skin in the game. I could care less.

And one other thing. I had actually made a deal for that Red Cobb Red Hindu with the consignor to REA. At literally the 11th hour the seller backed out of the deal. If I am not mistaking I even told Lichtman, privately, that I was getting that card. I was going to pay 30k+ for it but felt it was worth it. At any rate I hope that helps a little bit. I know how it is when folks won't divulge things and beat around the bush. Hope my thoughts help a little bit. regards

Last edited by Leon; 08-10-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: typo and amendment to take out erroneous statements