Thread: Sorry John, JK
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Default Sorry John, JK

Posted By: E, Daniel

I appreciate what you have written James, and the tone in which it was meant.
Having always taken what you've said to be well though out and not overly tongue-in-cheek, perhaps it was I that simply missed a short jab to the general conversation.
Knowing your strong religious feelings, and greatly admiring that you don't make a huge deal out of it when discussing the hobby, I was taken aback originally by the general remarks. That you care about people and their circumstances is important in very many ways, please don't let your skin get so thickened to stop feeling what they feel......

I'm always reminded by a Holocaust story that forms the basis of my need to stick up for the wronged. It's told by a man of the cloth.
When the Nazis came to take the mentally challenged and physically deformed -no one said anything and we hoped it would stop there. When they came for the gypsies - again no one said anything. And when they came for the Jews, even those who knew it was wrong stayed silent and hoped they would be left alone. And when they finally came for the priests and religious leaders who would not give the Nazi party open support, there was no one left TO SAY anything and so they too were taken.

So I always jump at the first sight of racial, religious, and social intolerance, because I know in my guts that one mans hatred or intolerance for a gay person is another mans bigotry to blacks, and such a short hop to my own people who have known the worlds distrust and demonization for a millenia.

Daniel