View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Default Need Help...Need 1916 Fleischmann Bakery (Bread) Cards. Any info appreciated!

Posted By: Erick L.

Thanks for you're response. I saw Fitsch's selection last week, i had him mail me the list of what he had. I believe he had 3 that i needed ...Cobb (mounted on back), tris speaker, and dan murphy. They wrote on the sheet of paper that all the cards were without coupons i believe. i thought that too, that the conditions seemed pretty high. I havn't seen pictured of the cards, so they could be in that good of shape but i doubt they're quite as good as stated as most seemed to be listed at EX - Ex+. The Cobb i would think should be listed in poor if its mounted on paper or something but he had it listed as EX or Exmt i think and wanted 2000 dollars for it. All of the prices seemed to be far too high and were not even close to any guide i've seen if they're all without tabs. Im going to try and call him and perhaps see if he would maybe want to trade or something, becuase i don't have that much money(2000 for tabless cobb) at the present time. I know this is going to be a really tough challenge for me and i doubt that i will ever have the complete set. Im going to try my best and do my homework on the set, im trying to learn all that i can and will look into the Fritsch ones some more. He also had a Wagner, i beleive for 900 dollars, but it had the bottom of the card cut off past his name i believe, so i would consider that poor condition too. I will look into it and see what happens.
I will also try and post some scans of my cards in 2-3 weeks once i get back to my home, im at college right now. Im sure that some of you out there would want to see the cards that i have.
I hope more of you share some thoughts about the card set and how rare you think they are. This is a great site---thanks